Monday, March 31, 2014

A Busy Day and Spiced Braised Chicken.


Today was a crazy busy day! Although, I fear tomorrow being even worse... We started state assessments today at work. I am our building testing coordinator. I obviously did a little running around the building, considering that when I sat down to key my lunch into my MyFitnessPal account and it said that I had already earned 177 extra calories from exercise!! Wow!! 

After getting all of the kiddos tested today that needed to be, getting groceries, and taking the oldest to dance, I am ready to put my feet up! I am tired..

Supper tonight is Spiced Braised Chicken with a salad. I spiced up a regular old salad by adding some feta cheese and some walnuts with balsamic vinaigrette. It was really good!!

Spiced Braised Chicken

2 tablespoons oil 
6 bone-in chicken breasts, skinned (I used thighs) 
1 teaspoon salt 
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper 
1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice 
1 large onion, chopped 
2 cloves garlic, minced 
1 cup dry white wine (I used chicken broth)
1 (14-oz) can chicken broth 
1 bay leaf

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and allspice. Add chicken, in batches, to skillet; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer chicken to a roasting pan. Add onion and garlic to skillet; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add white wine; cook 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Transfer mixture to roasting pan with chicken; add broth and bay leaf. Cover with aluminum foil, and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment