Saturday, March 8, 2014

Bacon Pancake Sticks... pretty tasty!

So, there haven't been any posts the last few days because I went rogue for a short time. Thursday evening, I went to see one of my favorite comedians, Gabriel Iglesias!! It was SOOO awesome!! Hilarious! I had tears. Good tears, but I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! I strongly suggest you see him, if you get a chance. VERY funny. My supper that night, consisted of amaretto sours and fried dill pickle spears from the Celtic Fox Irish Pub and Restaurant. VERY nutritious meal, if I do say so.

Then, yesterday was Friday, as I am sure you well know. But, many times, Friday means Pizza Hut night at my house. Or pizza from some source. Hey, I deserved it! I made it through Friday on about 4.5 hours of sleep, I got my lesson planning done for next week, was able to get my 1/2 a cow I ordered picked up and loaded in my truck (a HUGE thank you to my friend's husband for grabbing mine, when he picked up their 1/2!!), AND got to the tax preparation appointment on time!!! 

After about 9 hours of sleep, the children thought they needed some breakfast. This morning, I decided to try out something I saw floating around Pinterest or Facebook, honestly, I cannot remember exactly where it was.  Bacon pancake sticks... Harley loved them and they are super easy. They would be great to make ahead and freeze or put in the fridge, then pop in the toaster in the morning for a quick breakfast.


Bacon Pancake Sticks
1 batch of pancake batter  
6-8 slices of pre-cooked bacon
Maple syrup, optional

Mix up a batch of pancake batter. I used gluten free Bisquick, but any will work. This would work well with homemade pancake batter or any from a mix. You want a thicker batter, but not thin enough to still "pour" out of a measuring cup. Place cooked bacon slices on griddle. Pour or spoon enough pancake batter over the bacon to cover it, approximately 1/4-1/2 cup per slice of bacon. Cook until browned on bottom side, then flip. Cook other side until golden brown. Serve with syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment