Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunday morning gluten free doughnuts!

I love doughnuts! I really, really do. With trying to follow a gluten free diet, doughnuts are definitely not something that I, or my daughter, are suppose to have, obviously. I have bought some frozen ones before, but they had too much sugar for my daughter to process. She was a hot mess for several days after. NOT pretty... I ordered a doughnut pan and then went on a search for a baked gluten free doughnut recipe. The one I found was quick and pretty simple... PERFECT!! I like that kind of recipe! These doughnuts turned out light, fluffy, and so good. I think any cake mix would work for this recipe, it would not have to be gluten free or dairy free.

Here they are... so wonderfully sweet, fluffy, and doughnutty! Mmm...


Semi-homemade Gluten Free Doughnuts
1 box gluten free yellow or chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1 stick butter, melted
1 c. milk (almond milk works well too)

Cinnamon/sugar
1/4 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Spray doughnut pan with cooking spray. In a bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs, melted butter, and milk. Fill doughnut rounds with enough batter to be at the top of the center peg/hole. Bake for 14 minutes. Roll the doughnuts in cinnamon and sugar, immediately out of the oven. I only put cinnamon and sugar on the tops.

Original recipe from: kitkatplusceliac

No comments:

Post a Comment