Sunday, March 30, 2014

Quick and Easy Supper! Smoked Sausage with Beans and Rice.

So... it is Sunday. Thought I would point that out, just incase you had not realized it. I really could use another day off work. Maybe the girls could go to school and I could have the day, at home, to myself... That would be FABULOUS!! But, well... I hate missing work. So, that won't happen. And, we start State Assessments tomorrow, so that DEFINITELY won't happen.

With it being Sunday and all, I wanted a really easy and quick supper. I happened to buy some smoked sausage last week, while at the store. And, I love rice. So, I then went to scrounge around in the pantry to see what I could find... Oh! chili beans! I got this!!!

Supper tonight: Smoked Sausage with beans and rice!

Smoked Sausage with Beans and Rice
2 c. rice
4 c. water
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 pkg. smoked sausage
1 can chili beans
1 can of water
1 Tbsp. creole seasoning

In stock pot, add water, rice, and onion. Bring to a boil, cover and turn heat down to a simmer. Cook until rice is done, about 20 minutes. Slice smoked sausage, add to rice. Add in chili beans, one can of water, and cajun seasoning. Heat until warmed through. The creole seasoning was a little hot for me. So, if you don't want it real spicy, maybe try 1-1/2 to 2 tsp. of creole seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment