Saturday, March 29, 2014

I Love Cookies.That Is All...

I need a 12 step program for sweets. Honestly, I do... I blame my father for the massive sweet tooth that I have. I can do ok, when it comes to cake and things like that. But, small, portable sweets are the end all, be all for me! If I can carry it around with me easily, I am in trouble! 

I have been craving Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies for days now. I finally broke down and made some. I happened to have some leftover spring M&Ms, so I used them to add some cheer to an already wonderful treat! 

I have already had 3... I need to STOP!!! Aaagghhhhh!!!


Gluten Free Oatmeal M&M Cookies
3/4 c. gluten-free flour
1⁄2 tsp baking soda
1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1⁄2 c. butter, softened
1⁄2 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 large egg
1-1⁄2 c. gluten-free oats
1⁄2 c. M&Ms or chocolate chips
1⁄4 c. chopped walnuts or almonds (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°. Combine flour and next three ingredients in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Place butter and sugars in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add egg, beating well. Add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with cooking spray. I flattened mine some, with a fork. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes, or until golden. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.
Adapted from: PopSugar

No comments:

Post a Comment