Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spicy Honey Thighs and Leftovers!

I made these chicken thighs the other night. It was my first time with this recipe, but I really liked it. I cut down on the chili powder, because I didn't want them too hot and omitted the red pepper. Not because I had planned to, but apparently I had ran out of red pepper and never boughten any more. The flavor was so good on these! I loved them! I think this would be great on the grill or with boneless, skinless chicken breasts, as well!

P.S. I doubled the honey sauce! Used one batch for before baking and one batch for during.
P.S.S. If you know me at all... you know this picture was staged... why? Because I do NOT eat broccoli! Sssshhh! Don't tell my children!


  • Spicy Honey Chicken Thighs
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder 
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
  • chicken thighs
  • Cooking spray
  • 6 tablespoons honey
  • 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 425. Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.  Mix first 6 ingredients in a small bowl. You can either coat chicken in mixture, or just sprinkle seasoning on top. I placed the chicken thighs in the pan and then sprinkled with the seasoning. I did use all of the seasoning on the 8 thighs that I used. In another small bowl, mix up honey and vinegar. I poured the sauce evenly over seasoned thighs. Bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, pour another batch of sauce over the chicken, cook another 20 minutes, or until thighs are cooked through. 
Recipe altered from: mommyimhungry


So, I had some chicken thighs leftover. For my lunch today, I made these yummy nachos, just by warming up one of the thighs, shredding it and putting it on top of some thin tortilla chips, with cheese sauce, some salsa and sour cream , and a little dash of creole seasoning for spice.

No comments:

Post a Comment