Monday, March 3, 2014

Trying to stay warm with hot turkey and cheese sandwiches!

I am not really using the hot turkey and cheese sandwiches to keep me warm... I am just trying to stay warm. It has been ridiculously cold here this winter. It is March 3 and I am so over winter! It can leave at anytime... Really... ANY.TIME! Like, 2 weeks ago would have been good...

So, this morning, our wind chills were -10 to -24 degrees. That is just insane... I mean, I know that I am in the midwest, and it is winter, but seriously?! I am ready to move on to warmer weather. Spring?!  Spring?! Where are you??

Hot turkey and cheese sandwiches. Can't get much easier than that, which is what I was going for tonight. E-A-S-Y! Here you go! This can be altered to feed however many you want. Note: Next time, I would add extra sauce to the sandwiches.

Hot Turkey and Cheese Sandwiches
6 buns or 12 pieces of bread
18 slices of turkey, or 3 slices/sandwich
1 T. mayonnaise
1 T. spicy brown mustard
1 T. honey
6 slices of any cheese (Swiss would be super yummy!)

Preheat oven to 350. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, mustard, and honey. Spread some on the top and bottom of the buns (inside). Add 3 slices of turkey and a slice of cheese to each. Put on baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Bread will toast some.

I made mine on Udi's gluten free bread and the others on some hamburger buns I had left over, in the freezer, from a birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment