Monday, May 5, 2014

Grilled Pineapple Pork Chops! Sooo Good!!!

After a busy weekend, I was happy to be home last night. I think I was in bed before 9:00 or 9:30. That is NOT normal for me. I am usually crawling into bed around 10 or 10:30 during the week and even later on the weekends.  I plan on having another early meeting with my bed tonight.

Ok, so, I have been craving grilled pineapple. I LOVE grilled pineapple. It is so sweet and tasty. The grilling process seems to take away most of the acidity and also somewhat caramelize the sugars in the pineapple. It is so amazingly yummy!!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!!

Grilled Pineapple Pork Chops
6-8 pork chops
8 oz can sliced pineapple in juice
1/3 Cup honey
1 T. prepared mustard
1 tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. hot pepper sauce

Prepare marinade, using pineapple juice, combine with honey, mustard, curry powder, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Mix well. Set aside about 2+ T. of marinade. Add pork chops to the marinade, and allow to sit for a minimum of 30 minutes, turning to coat. Grill chops about 4-6 minutes on each side, basting with reserved marinade. Add pineapple slices to grill in the last 5-10 minutes.

Original recipe: mommyimhungry

No comments:

Post a Comment