Monday, May 26, 2014

Meatball Sandwiches... Where Have You Been All My Life?

I have been wanting meatball sandwiches for awhile now. I have not made them in a year or more and well, they sounded REALLY good. Today, after being able to go and get groceries ALL.BY.MYSELF, because of my wonderful mother offering to keep the girls for me, I got caught up on my crap tv. Then, it was time to get the yard mowed, since I had not done that yet. Ick! With a majority of the yard mowed, that meant MEATBALL TIME!

Meatballs (approx. 24 meatballs)
1-1/4 lbs. ground beef
2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1 egg, beaten
1/2 C. Italian Gluten Free bread crumbs
1/4 C. grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. garlic, finely chopped
1/4 C. finely diced onion (I used frozen)
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. I use my Kitchen Aide mixer for this job, because I have issues with touching raw meat with my hands. Roll meat into 1 1/2 inch meatballs (or do like I do and use my cookie dough scoop!!!) and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until no longer pink. 

For sandwiches, warm marinara sauce in sauce pan, place 3-4 meatballs in buns (I used Udi's gluten free hotdog buns), top with warm marinara sauce, sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment