Saturday, May 17, 2014

Chicken, Rice, and Mushroom Bake

Today was another beautiful day! We barely broke 60 degrees, so it was a little on the cool side this morning, for my taste. But, overall, it was a really nice day. My project today was to get my plants put in my pots on the front step and the patio. All of the plants that I picked out are ones that are suppose to repel mosquitos. We seem to have an abundance of the little boogers around here. I will post pics and what plants I used in a later post.

Supper tonight is Chicken, Rice, and Mushroom Bake. The original recipe was an Emeals recipe, but I made some changes to it, based on what I had already on hand, etc.

Enjoy!

Chicken, Rice, and Mushroom Bake
1-1⁄2 C. uncooked rice 
2 (141⁄2-oz) cans chicken broth 
2 (8-oz) packages sliced fresh mushrooms 
1⁄2 C. onion, minced 
1/2 tsp. dried thyme 
1-2 Tbsp. olive oil 
2 Tbsp. butter 
7 bone-in, chicken thighs, can use bone-in breasts
1⁄2 tsp. salt 
1⁄2 tsp. ground pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine rice, broth, mushrooms, onion, thyme, and butter in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Cover dish with lid or foil. Bake 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and brown in hot oil 3-4 minutes per side. Add chicken to rice mixture in baking dish; cover. Bake 45 minutes longer or until chicken is done and rice is tender.
Original Recipe from: Emeals

No comments:

Post a Comment