Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Breakfast Quesadillas!!

So, I am not really a morning person, nor am I really a breakfast person. At least not if I am the one having to cook it. And, usually what I want for breakfast, I am not suppose to have.  I love biscuits and gravy.... YUM! Can be done gluten free, but takes some time and effort to make/find good gluten free biscuits and make the gravy, etc. Pancakes... Mmmm.... Hashbrowns... Mmmmm... Bacon and sausage... Mmmmm MMm MMMmmmmm... Hungry yet?

Ok, so the other night, I was wanting breakfast food. And, Mexican... Soo... Well... I decided to make some breakfast quesadillas. They turned out SOOOO yummy!!! Pretty easy too. This is a recipe that could easily have the ingredients swapped out for stuff that you like, or make a variety of quesadillas to please everyone!


Breakfast Quesadillas (makes approx. 6-8 quesadillas)
1/2 lb. ground sausage, browned
6+ eggs
2 c. shredded cheese
Package corn tortillas
Coconut oil

Scramble eggs in skillet or pan. Add ground sausage to scrambled eggs. In separate skillet, add approximately 2 T. coconut oil, on medium heat. Let melt oil melt. Assemble quesadillas by putting one tortilla in the skillet, add about 1/2 c. of scrambled eggs/sausage to tortilla, sprinkle on some shredded cheese, top with another tortilla. Flatten gently. When bottom tortilla is browned, flip, allow other side to brown. Remove from skillet, cook remaining quesadillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment