Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Blueberry Peach Cobbler! YUM!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mommas out there!! If you are a momma, I hope someone has told you "Happy Mother's Day," and done something nice for you today. If you are not a momma, make you tell you mom, or a mom-like person in your life, how special she is to you.

Yesterday, we celebrated Mother's Day with my mother-in-law, father-in-law, and grandparent-in-laws. We had a delicious lunch at Jack Stack in KC and then went hog wild at Suburban Lawn and Garden. I love that place! They have so many flowers, plants, pots, trees, fountains, etc. It is amazing!! Last year, I got all of my flowers for my front flower beds there. They have done great!! But, I was also short a few day lilies, so I picked up the ones I needed this year. I also got plants to fill my flower pots that are on the front steps and the back patio. They are all plants that are suppose to help repel mosquitos. We seem to have them really bad. Imagine that... living in the country, and having mosquitos!

The girls and I went to see my mom for a bit today. The weather was beautiful most of the day.

Supper tonight... grilled steaks, baked potato, and salad. I have been craving peach cobbler, so I decided to make a blueberry peach cobbler for dessert! YUM!

Gluten Free Blueberry Peach Cobbler

1/4 c. butter
1 c. Gluten Free Bisquick
1 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1-15 oz. can sliced peaches (1 c. frozen)

1 c. blueberries

Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Place butter in 8x8 inch or 9x9 inch dish. Place in oven to melt the butter. Drain the juice from the peaches into a small bowl. Mix eggs, sugar, and vanilla together. Add peach juice and mix. Add bisquick and mix well. Pour the batter into hot melted butter. Drop spoonfuls of peaches and blueberries evenly onto the batter. Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream or cool whip. Enjoy!
Original recipe from: ThriftyFun

No comments:

Post a Comment