Thursday, May 8, 2014

Potato, Sausage, and Cabbage Soup

Yes, I know it is 80 degrees outside today. Yes, I know that is a little warm to be having soup. But! But! But! I want soup!!! So, I am going to have soup! I searched around on Pinterest and found one that sounded quick and super easy. Just what I like!! So, I modified it to meet my desire and viola! Oh! And, it is Thursday!! Woo hooo! Only one more work day left for this week! I think I will survive...


Potato, Sausage, and Cabbage Soup
1 lb sausage or Italian sausage
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion, diced
4 cups potatoes, chopped bite-size
8 cups chicken stock or 8 cups water, plus 2 tablespoons chicken base
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 pkg. cole slaw (cabbage/carrot) mix
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme

Cook and crumble the sausage in a large pot, over medium high heat. Add the garlic and the onions and saute until softened and fragrant. Add the potatoes, chicken stock, salt and pepper and bring to a low boil for 10-15 minutes. When the potatoes are almost tender, add the cabbage and the thyme and stir. Let it soften for a minute or two before serving. Enjoy!

Original recipe from: barefeetinthekitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment