Saturday, April 19, 2014

The Best Meatloaf Recipe EVER and a Secret Tip!

There is a reason why I claim this is the best meatloaf ever... My mom is an amazing cook! I mean, AMAZING! There is not much that the woman cannot make and have it not be delicious. She is amazing in the kitchen. 

So, my dad always said, "Your mom can make anything, and it will be delicious, but for some reason the woman cannot make meatloaf." This always cracked me up. I would come home from college and decide to cook supper and make meatloaf and dad would say it was good. Mom would use the EXACT same recipe and he would say that it was just, "ok." I was always baffled and confused by how this could be.

Well, one day, I came across this recipe on a cooking board that I was a member of. Everyone ranted and raved about how good this meatloaf is. I decided to try it out. It was very good! I was impressed. I called my mom up and told her that she had to try this recipe, because my husband had raved about it for days. She whipped it up one night and low and behold... "This is REALLY good meatloaf!" Woo hooo!! YAY! FINALLY! 

The secret tip... if you are like me and do NOT like touching raw meat... Throw all of the ingredients in your Kitchen Aide mixer bowl and with the paddle attachment, mix it all up. Scrap the sides with a rubber spatula and then dump it in the sprayed loaf pan. You can even squish it into the loaf shape with the rubber spatula.


Best Meatloaf EVER!
1-1/2 lb. ground beef (I used 90%)
1 egg
1/3 c. bread crumbs (gluten free or reg.)
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 c. diced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning

Sauce:
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. ketchup
1 T. mustard

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together. Form in a loaf shape, in a sprayed loaf pan. In separate, small bowl, mix up sauce ingredients. Pour sauce over meatloaf. Bake for approximately 1 hour.

I served this with baked potatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment