Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Scotch Eggs

My mom used to always make Scotch Eggs for us. I started making them for breakfast on Easter and Christmas morning. My now 9 year old had no problems letting me know that I HAD to make them for Easter breakfast, because I failed to make them Christmas morning this year. It often surprises me that many people do not know what Scotch Eggs are, or have never had them. They are one the most perfect breakfast foods ever, in my opinion. And, in the opinion of my SUPER picky, Aspergian 9 year old. 

The pic is not the best, the bottom egg that is cut in half got dumped off of a child's plate and on to mine, so it kinda got mangled...

Scotch Eggs
6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
12 oz. tube sausage (I use Jimmy Dean)
Crushed corn flakes, rice krispies, cracker crumbs, etc.
Maple syrup, optional

Preheat oven to 350. Cut tube of ground sausage into 6 slices. Take one slice and flatten it out in your hand into a thin patty.Take peeled, hard boiled eggs, wrap sausage around egg, completely covering egg. Roll sausage covered egg in crushed up corn flakes/rice krispies/etc. Set in sprayed casserole dish. Repeat process with other eggs. Bake for 30-45 min. or until sausage is cooked through. Serve with syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment