Sunday, April 27, 2014

Glazed Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin

This weekend has provided some beautiful weather! I am loving the sunshine and 80 degree days. Saturday morning, I was up and around early to walk a 5K with some very dear friends of mine. We lovingly named our team The Speed Bumps! I even surprised one of my partners in crime by asking if she wanted to run a small part of it. Boy was that a mistake... She then thought that was an open to MAKE me run several more times through the whole thing. Let me tell you people, I am not in the best shape. My lungs are not meant for running. I get winded long before my body gets tired. We finished in less than an hour, so I am good with that! I think my final time was around 43 minutes. Not going to complain about that time for walking 3.2 miles. ONE DAY... I will "run" a full 5K! Ha! Ok, maybe not...

Anyway, the weekend has been a beautiful mix of warm weather and some much needed rain. That makes me happy... mainly because then I am not expected to haul water to the baby trees in the yard.

After getting supper in the oven, Glazed Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin, I whipped up a quick batch of the Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mini-muffins. They are so good! And, gluten free. If you have not made them before, I highly recommend that you do.


Glazed Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin
1 whole boneless pork loin 4-6 lbs.
1 c. brown sugar

2 Tbs. spicy brown mustard
1 Tbs. soy sauce
1 Tbs. Worcestershire
1/4 cup pure maple syrup plus some or drizzling when basting
6-10 bacon slices
salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste

Mix brown sugar, spicy brown mustard, soy sauce, Worcestershire, maple syrup. Sprinkle loin with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Pour 1/2 the brown sugar glaze over the top.

Wrap the pork loin with bacon slices covering it all. Drizzle the top with the remaining glaze.
Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour at 375 degrees. Remove foil and with a spoon re-glaze the top with the dripping in the pan. Recover and cook for 30 more minutes. Uncover and re-glaze again with the pan juices, you can drizzle with more syrup if you like. Cook uncovered until bacon is brown and crispy,about 20 more minutes.

Original recipe from: Sweet Tea and Cornbread

No comments:

Post a Comment