Sunday, April 13, 2014

Nice Relaxing Day at Home with Peach Pork Chops in the Crock Pot.

Today has been a good Sunday, spent at home. I had a semi-dwarf pear and cherry tree die that I had planted last year. My replacements came yesterday, along with some Souther Magnolia trees. I have been stalking these trees at a house in town, for YEARS!! This is no joke! I have always loved the HUGE white flowers that these trees had, but I could not figure out, for sure, what kind of trees they were. Well, the other day, I was talking to a friend and asked about Magnolia trees that have HUGE white flowers on them. Well, (duh!) I was told they are Southern Magnolias. All these years, I had Google searched Magnolia trees and only came up the ones with the small flowers. I came upon some (for a SUPER cheap) price on ebay, so I snatched them up.

So, I have my new pear and cherry trees and my 2 new Southern Magnolia trees planted, trimmed up the other trees in the yard, the girls have cleaned their rooms, laundry is done, Dave vacuumed, and the rest of the house is picked up/cleaned too. I am loving the rain and thunder outside and having the windows open! The tulips are blooming, perfect! Happy Sunday!!

These do not look all that pretty, but they were pretty yummy. The original recipe was from eMeals and called for a jar of sugar free apricot preserves (in place of the peaches) and sliced carrots in the bottom of the crock pot. I served them with 5 grain rice pilaf.


Peach Pork Chops (crock pot)
1 medium sweet onion, thickly sliced
6 center cut pork chops
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup chicken broth
1-1-1/2 c. peach slices
2 Tbsp. brown mustard
1 tsp. thyme

Place onions in the bottom of a 5 to 7-quart slow cooker. Season pork chops with salt and pepper, and place on top onions. Combine broth, peaches, mustard, and thyme in blender or food processor and blend until smooth; pour mixture over chops. Cook on low 6 hours or until chops are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment