Sunday, March 1, 2015

Creamy Taco Soup

So, yesterday was cold and it snowed almost all day. The snow was beautiful while it was falling. I am just glad that I didn't have to get out in it though. So, what would be nice and warm and soothing, when it is cold and snowy outside... SOUP! I love taco soup... It is one of my favorites, but I thought that this creamy taco soup sounded even more amazing, and... well.. IT WAS!! 

Enjoy!

Creamy Taco Soup

2 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T. ground cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 (8-oz) pkg. cream cheese, cut into small pieces and softened
1 (10-oz) can tomatoes and green chilis
1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes with onions
1 (32-oz) carton beef broth
1⁄2 C. heavy cream

Cook ground beef, onion, and garlic in a stock pot over medium-high heat until meat is crumbly, drain. Add cumin and chili powder, cook 1 minute. Add cream cheese, cook until well combined, stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes, broth, and cream. Add water until soup is desired consistency. Cook until soup is thoroughly heated.
NOTE: Original recipe called for 2 cants of tomatoes with green chilis, I used one can of Rotel and one can of diced tomatoes. I didn't want it to be too hot for the girls.
Original recipe: emeals

No comments:

Post a Comment