Monday, March 16, 2015

Apricot Chicken Thighs

I have seen this recipe floating around different sites for several years now. Every time I saw it, it received raving reviews about how good it is. I finally broke down and got all the stuff to make it. The original recipe served it over rice. We just had rice last night, so I opted for meeting the demands of my youngest child and made mashed potatoes instead. It was VERY good. I really liked the sauce and best of all... it was SUPER easy to whip up and throw in the oven. I saw a couple reviewers, on other sites, saying they would make 1/2 the sauce recipe, since it makes so much sauce... I think that is perfectly doable and would not leave the chicken dry or anything.

Enjoy!

Apricot Chicken Thighs
8 oz. Russian salad dressing
8 oz. apricot preserves
1 pkt. dry onion soup mix
6-8 chicken thighs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken thighs in casserole dish. In bowl, mix together remaining ingredients, pour over chicken. Make sure all pieces of chicken are coated well with sauce mixture. Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is done. I also turned on the broiler for about 3-5 minutes to get the sauce boiling good, to help thicken it up. Serve over rice or with mashed potatoes. I
Original recipe: Bombshellbling

No comments:

Post a Comment