Sunday, March 1, 2015

Fresh Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake Gluten Free

So, I was browsing Pinterest the other day... A couple minutes quickly turned into a couple hours! I can easily get lost within the world of Pinterest. Anyway... I came across this most delicious looking cake! It has two of my most favoritest things EVER! Strawberries... and... chocolate! I mean, how could you go wrong?! And, since I am being the meanest mom ever and making my children eat leftovers for supper... I thought this might sweeten the deal a bit, lessen the torture. We shall see!

In order to try to "behave," I wanted this to be gluten free. Also, I was being too lazy to try to make a gluten free cake from scratch, so I called on my good friend, Betty... Betty Crocker! I love her! 

Enjoy!

Fresh Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake (gluten free)
1 gluten free white or yellow cake mix
All the ingredients called for on the box mix
Fresh strawberries, sliced
Mini-chocolate chips
Powdered sugar (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix up cake mix, as directed on the box. Fold in 1/2 C. mini-chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan. Lay sliced strawberries, cut side down, on top of cake batter. You can use as many as you want. Sprinkle additional mini-chocolate chips around strawberries. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Original recipe: Juliasalbum

No comments:

Post a Comment