Friday, February 27, 2015

Quick and Easy Jambalaya

It has been cold all day. This morning, the temperature was a whopping 2 degrees... Seriously? It is almost March. I am so over winter. Really... it can leave any day now. No hard feelings. I promise!!

After a long work week, I was ready to get home and get my pjs on. I plan to stay in them all weekend. The forecast is calling for snow to start tomorrow morning and last through part of Sunday. Yay... Where is my Knight In Shining Armor, My Prince Charming? I really need to be rescued, swept away to a tropical island right about now!

Well, as I wait for him to arrive... Enjoy this jambalaya!

Quick and Easy Jambalaya
1-2 pkg. smoked sausage, sliced
12-16 oz. frozen shrimp, cooked/deveined/tails off
1 (14 oz.) can of diced tomatoes with onions
1-2 C. white rice, uncooked
2 cans of water
Creole seasoning/spice
Olive oil

In a stock pot, add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Let warm up, add sliced smoked sausage. Stir sausage occasionally, until browned. Add in shrimp, tomatoes, rice, water, and seasoning. The amount of seasoning depends upon how spicy you want it. Stir until everything is combined. Cook on medium to medium high, until rice has cooked through, approximately 15-20 minutes. Add more water, if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment