Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Beanie Weenie Cornbread Casserole!

Every once in a while I get a craving for Beanie Weenies. I cannot explain it. They are just good... Mmmmmm... So, with this in mind, I decided to make up a Beanie Weenie and Cornbread Casserole. I needed something that could be a complete meal with a salad on the side or something. This casserole is sooo good. Gourmet I tell ya! Pure gourmet! 

Beanie Weenie Cornbread Casserole
2 cans (14 oz.) Chili beans or pork and beans
1 pkg. hotdogs, sliced into rounds
2 Tbsp. dried minced onion
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
1/4 c. bbq sauce or ketchup
Ground black pepper, to taste
1 box corn bread muffin mix

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In casserole dish, mix up the beans, sliced hotdogs, onion, brown sugar, mustard, bbq sauce/ketchup, and pepper. In a small bowl, mix up corn bread muffin mix as per directions on box. The mix I used called for 1/3 C. of milk, I only used 1/4 c. Spoon cornbread mix over the top of the bean and hotdog mixture. Bake until cornbread is baked through, approximately 20-30 minutes. 

1 comment:

  1. I thought I had come up with an original idea but I see you have already thought of it.

    ReplyDelete