Sunday, July 27, 2014

Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn... Sinful!

I was having a MAJOR sweet craving, and, well, I had NOTHING in the house that sounded even remotely good. So, while digging in the "holy land," aka Pinterest, I came across a recipe that I used for the base of the one I am posting below. I did tweek it a little bit, to make it doable, based on what I had available at home. Apparently, the grocery fairy has skipped our house AGAIN and I am going to have to make a run to the store tomorrow. This is one of my least favorite things to do, EVER.

This popcorn is SOOO gooey, and yummy... I ate this for supper tonight. Ssshhhh... Don't tell!

Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn
1/2 C. coconut oil or butter
1 C. brown sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. light karo syrup (corn syrup)
14 large marshmallows
9 Tbsp. popcorn kernels or 1 pkg. microwave popcorn


Pop popcorn in 1-2 Tbsp. coconut oil, or if using microwave popcorn, pop the popcorn. Try to remove any unpopped kernels. In a small sauce pan put the coconut oil or melt the butter. Add the brown sugar, karo syrup, and marshmallows. Mix till everything is melted and blended well. With the coconut oil, it did not want to blend well, I had to use a whisk to get it to melt and blend as much as possible. There was still some oil that was not mixing in, but when the rest of the mixture got caramely, I just poured it all over the popped corn and it all stirred in well. Pour over popcorn  and stir well to completely coat the popped corn.
Original recipe: myglutenfreefoods

No comments:

Post a Comment