Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Easy Steak Stir Fry!

I had some leftover grilled steaks from the other night. I wanted a fast and easy supper tonight. I had really wanted to go out to eat, but by the time everyone got home, I didn't want to get out of my sweats. So, steak stir fry it is!

Steak Stir Fry 
1 T. oil (I used coconut oil)
2 or 3 boneless cooked steaks, sliced thin
Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen vegetables
1 can bamboo shoots
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 T. soy sauce
Steamed rice (optional)

Heat the oil in large skillet over high. When the oil is hot, add sliced steak. Sprinkle with salt and fresh-ground pepper. Stir and cook in hot oil, until heated through. Remove the steak from the skillet onto a plate. Add the frozen veggies and bamboo shoots to the skillet and stir to coat with oil and drippings. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Cook and stir over high heat for 5-6 minutes, until heated through and crisp-tender. Do not overcook. Add steak back to skillet with veggies.
Serve alone or with steamed rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment