Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Chicken, Bacon, and Avocado Salad

So, after a busy morning, I was looking for something yummy have for lunch this afternoon. I love avocados... I mean, I LOVE avocados. And, bacon... So, when I come across a recipe that has bacon AND avocados, it makes my heart (and tummy) VERY happy!!! This is SSOOO delicious!!



Chicken, Bacon & Avocado Salad
6 chicken breasts, cooked
(3 C. Schwan's fajita chicken meat)
5-6 green onions, diced
1 package bacon (I used 6-8 slices)
1 avocado, cubed
2 Tbsp. mayo
salt and pepper, to taste
Cook bacon, until crispy. Transfer to paper towels to get excess grease off. Finely chop.
Season chicken breasts as cooking (original recipe suggested garlic, salt, pepper and onion.) and let rest. Cube when cooled. I used the frozen Schwan's fajita chicken meat, it is amazing in any chicken salad. Dice green onions and cube the avocado. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and add mayo. Just enough to give it a little moisture, you add more, if needed or to your liking. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with sandwich buns or alone.

I modified the original recipe. The original recipe called for the 6 cooked chicken breasts, I substituted Schwan's fajita chicken meat. It also called for a whole package of bacon, cooked. I used 6-8 slices of the Schwan's precooked bacon slices. 2 avocados were used in the original recipe, I only used 1 cubed, avocado. 2-3 Tbsp. mayo were listed in the original recipe, I only used 2 Tbsp. AND I used 2 Tbsp. prepared guacamole. 
Original Recipe: A Kitchen Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment