Sunday, January 11, 2015

Crock Pot Chicken and Rice Soup


It has been bitterly cold here for the past week or so. I really dislike the cold. The cold and I do not mix well. I am ready for warm, sunshine, shorts, tank tops, and my beloved flip-flops. Oh, how I miss my flip-flops.  Anyway, so, here is a good chicken and rice soup recipe! 

Enjoy!

Crock Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 
2 (14.5-oz) cans chicken broth
1 (16-oz) bag frozen, mixed vegetables
1⁄2 C. chopped celery

1 tsp. dried parsley
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. sugar
1⁄3 C. uncooked instant white rice

Combine first 8 ingredients and 1⁄4 C. water in a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6 hours. Shred chicken breasts, and stir in rice during the last hour of cooking. Season with salt and pepper to taste. 
Modified from recipe from eMeals

No comments:

Post a Comment