Sunday, April 24, 2016

Gluten Free Sausage Cheese Breakfast Donuts Bagels

So, I stumbled upon a recipe, similar to this on Pinterest. Thank you, Pinterest God!! The original recipe told you all the flours to make your own batter, etc. I don't have time for that... when I am making breakfast, in zombie mode, I want quick and easy. In case I have failed to mention it before, I am NOT a morning person... I need something that doesn't take much brain power. 

Anyway... here is the recipe! MAKE THEM!! You will NOT regret it!

P.S. If you don't have a donut pan... GET ONE!! 


Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Donuts/Bagels    
1 C. Bisquick (I used gf, but you can use regular)
1 egg
1/2 C. (approx. ) shredded cheese
3/4-1 C. ground sausage (browned)
1 C. (approx.) milk (I use almond, but reg. milk will work)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add all ingredients, except milk, to a bowl and combine. Add milk, a little at a time. I added just enough milk to make it about the consistency of Elmer's glue. So, 1 cup of milk, more or less. It needs to be "runny" but not thin. Cake batter consistency might be a better way of describing it. Grease the donut pan and poured batter in each form. Baked at 350 degrees for about 20-25 min. I think you could also use a muffin pan, if you don't have a donut pan.
Original recipe: Cheddar Sausage Stuffed Bagels

No comments:

Post a Comment