Sunday, April 24, 2016

Gluten Free Shortcut Crumb Cake

I LOVE Crumb Cake... not just like, but LOVE!!! I had been searching for an easy gluten free Crumb Cake recipe for some time now. I am all about the easy... Last weekend, I happened to stumble upon a "shortcut" recipe for Crumb Cake. It called for a "regular" cake mix, so as a light bulb came on, I realized that I could use my trusty Betty Crocker gluten free yellow cake mix. Let me just say, Wow!! I wish I would have thought of this sooner... or stumbled upon the recipe sooner... DELICIOUS!!

Gluten Free Shortcut Crumb Cake
Betty Crocker gluten free yellow cake mix
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 C. Betty Crocker gluten free flour blend
1 C. sugar
1 Tbsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the cake mix, according to package directions. Pour batter in a prepared 9x9 pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes.  With a mixer, combine the butter, flour, sugar, and cinnamon into a crumbly mixture. Sprinkle all the crumbs over the cake and return to the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting.
* If using a regular cake mix and regular all purpose flour, bake cake in a 9x13 prepared pan. The original recipe also had a double batch of the crumb topping. I cut it in half for my gluten free cake. 
Original Recipe: Shortcut Crumb Cake



No comments:

Post a Comment