Sunday, February 14, 2016

Doritos Chicken

My plans for a steak and shrimp Valentine's Day supper were thrown off, when someone made steak for supper Friday night and used all of the potatoes. So, I had to find something else to make. I had planned on making this chicken later, this next week, so I already had all of the stuff to make it. It is really pretty easy to throw together. I was pretty impressed with this recipe. The chicken stayed very tender and moist. The biggest win for this recipe... my SUPER picky 11 year old LOVED it!!

Doritos Chicken
Chicken breasts, pounded (or chicken tenders)
1 C. mayonnaise
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 C. nacho cheese flavor Doritos, crushed
1/4 C. butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put chicken breasts in zip-lock bag and pound to flatten somewhat. If using chicken tenders, they do not need to be pounded out. Combine mayonnaise and Italian seasoning in a bowl. Crush Doritos in a zip-lock into pencil eraser sized pieces, or smaller (I used generic nacho cheese tortilla chips). Roll chicken in the mayo mixture and then roll in Dorito crumbs.
Place in casserole dish and drizzle melted butter all over the chicken.
Bake, uncovered 30 minutes.
Original recipe: Nacho Cheese Dorito Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment