Sunday, October 26, 2014

Baked Frito Chili Pie

I love Frito Chili Pie... I really do. It is so simple, yet so yummy. When I saw this recipe floating around, I knew I had to give it a try. I had to change it up a little bit, one, because I wasn't paying attention, and two because I was running really low on shredded cheese. Anyway, this came out really well!! 

Enjoy!

Baked Frito Chili Pie
1 lb. ground beef
1 can (16 oz) chili beans (do not drain)
1 can (14-16 oz) tomato sauce
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes (drained)
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 C. shredded cheddar cheese
3-1/2 C. corn chips (Fritos)
1-1/4 C. fat free sour cream

Cook ground beef until meat is browned; drain. Stir in beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes (I wasn't paying attention and I did not drain mine...), taco seasoning mix. and 1/4 c. of cheese. Sprinkle 1 C. corn chips in bottom of baking dish. Cover with chili. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Spread sour cream over chili. Top with remaining corn chips and cheese. Bake 4-5 minutes longer. I used Velveeta on top of mine, I was running low on shredded cheese.
Original Recipe: Myfamilymealplan

No comments:

Post a Comment