Friday, February 28, 2014

Its finally Friday!

It's finally Friday! I'm free again. I got my motor running for a wild weekend!

Ha! Who am I trying to kid? Working mom of two... By the time I got home tonight, I just wanted to put on my sweatpants, a comfy t-shirt, and call it a day. A nap would have been nice too, but that isn't happening. So, I am now lounging on the couch, blogging, eating supper, and watching some train-wreck of a show on tv. Even my 9 year-old is sitting at the table, eating, telling me, "Really, Mom? This show is very inappropriate..." Eeehhh... you gotta do, what you gotta do to make it through the day!

On to supper... Creamy Beef Stew served over Cheesy Grits. I am not going to say that it is the most appetizing looking meal that I have ever made, but it is nice and warm and on cold days/nights like we have been having, a bowl of this warms you from the inside.

Creamy Beef Stew
2 lb. stew meat
1 bag country style mixed veggies, or any other kind
1-2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 c. beef broth
1/2 c. to 1 c. water
1/2 c. heavy cream
gluten free flour (all purpose flour could be used)

Add all ingredients to crock pot, EXCEPT heavy cream and gluten free flour. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until meat is tender. Take lid off for 10-15 min. add in cream and flour. Allow to thicken for 15-20 min. 

Cheesy Grits
4-1/2 c. water
1 c. grits
1 c. shredded cheese of choice
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Boil water in sauce pan. Slowly stir grits in to boiling water. Cover and let simmer on low for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. When grits are done, stir in cheese and garlic powder. Add salt and/or pepper to taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment