Sunday, June 14, 2015

Quick Brown Gravy

Today was a day of not really doing much and watching a bunch of junk tv shows. I did do a little laundry and began pumping the green slime out of the swimming pool, but that is about all that was accomplished. When planning supper, I wanted something good, something that would stick with me, and was comfort food. I decided on chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and brown gravy. In trying to stay gluten free, I browsed around on Pinterest until I found an easy brown gravy recipe that could easily be adapted. This turned out great!

Enjoy!


Quick Brown Gravy
1/4 C. gluten free OR all regular purpose flour
1 Tbsp. beef bouillon granules OR 3 beef bouillon cubes crushed
1 Tbsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp.  garlic powder 
1/4 tsp. black pepper
Dash of dried parsley

Mix the dry gravy mix with 1 cup of cold water in a saucepan. Whisk until smooth. Heat at medium until the sauce thickens, then add another cup of water and whisk once more until smooth. 
Original recipe: Brown Gravy

No comments:

Post a Comment